Did you know that you can SORT BY COLOR in Google Sheets? Try it and see how easy it is!
I love Google Sheets and I use it all the time but there's always something that I can learn. When my co-worker, Katie, asked me if you can sort by color in Google Sheets, I had to look it up to see if it could be done - and it can! Once I saw how easy it was to do (and showed Katie), I was excited to have something new that I could do in Google Sheets. The trick is that you need to set up filters on the columns first. This is done by selecting the cells that you want to sort, then clicking on Data and clicking on Create a Filter. This puts filter icons at the top of all the columns that you selected. When you click on the filter icon, you'll see the option to Sort by Color. Hover over this option, then hover over Fill Color, and finally, select the color you want to sort by. That's how easy it is! If you want to sort by all the colors, just repeat the process and select a different color each time.